Type A Meets Type B

A rambling of thoughts, ideas, and information that I wish to share with my fellow PB bloggers. Sounds like fun, right? Bonus: communicating this way doesn't use up cell phone minutes!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Another rainy Friday...

For some reason, Friday seems to be the only day I can post. Hmm, and as I type this there is a British narrating voice that sounds suspiciously like Simon Cowell repeating everything in my head. Grand. Anywho, a belated Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I had a lovely 2-day Valentine's Day (because last year I was in Auburn and we couldn't be together), it was great fun and mostly filled with tasty, fattening Italian food. Shocker, I know. Blaire ate Italian? Blaire cooked Italian? It's practically all I cook, really. Sometimes I branch out with a little Japanese cuisine when I cook, if I'm feeling adventurous.

Anyways, I have a fun list today. Random Things I'd Like to Do Before I Die:

  • coach a high school volleyball team
  • actually paint a painting worth framing and hanging in my house
  • read every ounce of poetry by Samuel Taylor Coleridge and William Blake
  • learn to speak Italian (shocker)
  • raft the Colorado River
  • adopt a child from Asia (Dustin wants to do this too)
  • be as lovely as Queen Shenaynay
  • ski in the Alps (I don't care whether it's French, Austrian, Swiss, or Italian)
  • hike at least some significant portion of the Appalachian Trail with my brothers
  • take a trip with my cousin Anna, who I never get to see
  • meet my unknown grandfather who lives in North Carolina

Okay, so that's that. Personally I'd be fascinated to see what y'all would put on a list like this.
Last word. Granddaddy (Charles G. Kitchens) is having major back surgery on Thursday. His chances of surviving the surgery and recovery are only 50/50, but he said he'd rather take the chance than continue to live with the pain he has now and end up a drug addict like so many others. For those of you who don't know, he's 87, he's a World War II veteran, his primary fault is that he talks CONTINUALLY but always about Scripture, and I think he's the bravest person I know. Please, please, our family begs your prayers in these coming weeks.
Love,
Blaire

5 Comments:

Blogger Table of Stone said...

you got my prayers! We'll be thinking about you alot.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

Great list...especially the Appalachian trail thing.

We'll definitely be praying for your Granddad, and for all of you as well. Love ya, girl!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

Wow, Blaire. I don't know what to say.

...thanks...

;-)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Lady Godiva said...

haha i've really been missing you lately queen shenaynay... today i was cleaning at grandmother's and i found a picture of spuddy sitting on granddaddy's knee. they have it on their dresser with the grandchildren pictures. i thought it was sweet.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

Aww. Justin still calls him Grandpa Kitchens; has since he was two.

Please give him our love. He's a precious saint. And please kiss your grandmother for me.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home