Type A Meets Type B

A rambling of thoughts, ideas, and information that I wish to share with my fellow PB bloggers. Sounds like fun, right? Bonus: communicating this way doesn't use up cell phone minutes!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

outdoors thoughts

So I've had a variety of topics on my mind lately. I shall enumerate and explicate:
  1. Matthew 11:28-30
  2. Trees (and Celts)
  3. children with cancer

Of course there is a perfectly logical explanation for each of these, which would be quite long should I choose to type it. But is there a logical explanation for all three running together in my mind like 3 popsicles on a kitchen counter? I'm not sure.

So #1. The times I get to go to church are varied and random due to the necessity of my sometimes working on the weekends. There is not really any pattern to when I will be there. So I find it interesting that the past 3 times I have been, someone has talked about Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Whenever God tells you something 3 times in a row, you should bet He's probably trying to get your attention in a serious way.

Item #2 doesn't really need a lot of explanation. Being a hippy at heart (yes, I know, shudder) I think about trees a lot. And since I am of Dutch-Welsh descent, I also think about Celts a lot. Because the Welsh were Celtic, not Brittanic. And they defended their little corner of the isle for 900 years before the English invaded for good. But anyways, yesterday as I meandered I found a man selling jewelry in a hallway, and he had.... a Celtic Tree of Life ring. And I thought "Now isn't this lovely. Biblical and Celtic and pretty in one neat little package." So now I'm wearing it and I'm completely enamored and it makes me think of Lord of the Rings and also about Celtic warrior queens (like Boadicea) repelling evil people (like nursing instructors who are mean for no reason).

Item #3. The simplest explanation of them all. I am writing a paper applying a certain nursing theory to the care of pediatric bone marrow transplant patients who, of course, have cancer. I think I'm going to get to do an apprenticeship sort of thing next semester either on the bone marrow transplant unit or the oncology unit at Children's Hospital. So I'll probably be thinking a lot about cancer for the next year. But anyways.

That's all the thoughts. Well I'm still thinking more about trees. But with these gorgeous colors, it can't be helped.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

I think about trees and Celts an aweful lot. I'm working on a paper, and want to work on more in grad schools, the influence of Celts on our Southern way of life. Tree are just cool. Especially this time of year with the color, and the look coolest upside down.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Table of Stone said...

so true so true! The trees are gorgeous this year, I don't really think I can remember one like it! Or maybe I've just never noticed before. Either way, I like it.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

I feel repetitive, but the trees ARE beautiful! And, I would love to see your ring - that sounds totally cool!

And, on a side note, I'm praying for ya!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, I never really appreciated trees until this year. I know it sounds trite, but I had never really looked at them, being more content to move on to a bigger city with fewer trees. But now that I've spent a goodly portion of this year driving through Alabama's highways, byways, dirt roads and such, I've had al ot more time to look at the trees, and just take in the world around me. It's whelming, I'd say. I've never been able to use that word and feel okay about it, but now, I think it fits. At least in my head. See you tomorrow!

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home