Type A Meets Type B

A rambling of thoughts, ideas, and information that I wish to share with my fellow PB bloggers. Sounds like fun, right? Bonus: communicating this way doesn't use up cell phone minutes!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Confessions of a Video Squaller

So guys.... ummm..... I don't really know how to tell you this, but I'll try.....

Music videos make me cry.

I know, I know. It's embarrassing, it's ridiculous, there's no logical reason. And yet, I do.
Videos that make me cry or that I have cried at today (that I can think of right now):
"Runaway Love", Ludacris f/Mary J. Blige (don't judge, just watch it, YOU WILL CRY TOO)
"The Saints Are Coming", U2 and Green Day
"I Will Follow You Into the Dark", Death Cab for Cutie
"So Far Away" and "If Everyone Cared", Nickelback
"8th of November", Big & Rich
"Whiskey Lullaby" and "When I Get Where I'm Going", Brad Paisley

In fact, many videos on CMT make me cry, so we probably just don't want to go there.

So, Confess! What random things (videos, movies, scenes on your favorite highway) bring YOU to tears?

4 Comments:

Blogger Something Creative said...

Music videos can occasionally, but not often.

Commercials get me. Not like, sobbing or anything, but my eyes well up with tears.

Ummm, movies if they're romantic/sappy.

I think that's about it

12:49 AM  
Blogger Table of Stone said...

It doesn't matter how many times I watch Armageddon, I cry. It's bad, I mean you would think that I would get used to the ending but I never do. Oh, and I think about crying at Whiskey Lullaby if that makes you feel normal.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

You could definitely catch me driving down the highway and just letting the tears flow. Songs can be very touching. There is a song by Martina McBride..."Concrete Angel"...that video made me cry. And, everytime I hear "The Baby" by Blake Shelton I cry. Reba McIntire's "What do you say" - that has a tear-jerker ending.

There are a ton of movies that make me cry. There's one in particular that I've seen a gazillion times, and everytime I cry...but, it's not coming to me. The only movie popping into my head at the moment is "Stepmom." Ooh, and "Hardball" - that's one of the saddest movies ever. Baby G...sniff, sniff.

And, books. If they are very well written. For example, I cried for a good couple of seconds when Beth died in "Little Women". And, I cried when Peter and Susan could no longer go back to Narnia.

10:41 PM  
Blogger fa-so-la-la said...

ooooh... laura... yes. susan and peter. yes. i was heartbroken.

oh me. sniff.

another thing is the transformation scene of beauty and the beast... wow. you know, when the light streaks down and he starts turning human (some really good animation, that). i don't cry there, but i do feel cryish.

les miserables! oh my word... we went to see it once and i think i cried through the entire second half.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home