Type A Meets Type B

A rambling of thoughts, ideas, and information that I wish to share with my fellow PB bloggers. Sounds like fun, right? Bonus: communicating this way doesn't use up cell phone minutes!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Overview of Events

So I will now rapidly skim recent events, in part because I delude myself into thinking that people actually routinely check this blog in order to see what's going on in my life because they care, and in part because I am a habitual chronicler.

Item 1: On Wednesday, February 14, I had clinical at a rather seedy hospital here in Bham. My patient was a prisoner, who having been imprisoned round the age of 17 for killing someone, had been in an adult pokey for 13 years. Foot-cuffed to the bed. Very unpleasant.
Item 2: Thursday, February 15. I got to go to the OR for the very first time, to see a bone marrow harvest. I am officially in love - scrub me in!
Item 3: Friday, February 16. Dustin, I, and the Wouters drove to Destin, FL, an experience that was mostly terrifying due to my father's decision to forge new routes at 70 mph on two-lane roads in the dark based on his new car's GPS system (that, by the way, on some newer roads told us we were driving through a field).
Item 4: Saturday, February 17. Mom and I sat around in our pajamas half the day while the boys goofed off and played basketball and golf, then went shopping. She got designer blue jeans for only $15; I was quite proud. Also, an awesome velvet military jacket and some wicked shoes. Yowza.
Item 5: Sunday, February 18. After more pajama time, shopping, and Duke winning a basketball game, we bravely ventured onto the beach. We dug a hole, put Austin in it, and turned him into a Sphinx. Fabulous. But by the time we made it back to the palatial condo in which we were staying, my toes were severely swollen and bright cherry red due to the cold. Ech. Also, we dove/crawled/climbed over a fence, a wall, and some bushes going to and from the restaurant next door. Because it's not a vacation until somebody commits a misdemeanor.
Item 6: Monday, February 19. Driving home from Destin, desparately trying to get home in time for me to go teach at 2 and give a very important test to my darling students. Stopped at a red light in sight of our apartment, a man suddenly rear-ends us, and then tells the police that "That truck was in my way!" Amazing. Neck in pain. But no severe injuries, all cars driveable, and insurance can handle getting things fixed.
Item 7: I get to be in the CVICU tomorrow for clinical instead of on the floor. My "pleasant, elderly man" has a dopamine drip. Ya-hoo! Learning, here I come.

Anyways, maybe my delusions are correct and some of you do read this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

just so you know, I do look almost every day to see if you have posted. I do like hearing about your amazing nurseness. :)

Glad you had a fun trip, and are loving the nursing. Also glad that you and Dustin are doing well.

Ok, I'm going to go delude myself into thinking that I am studying.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

I'm so glad you're getting to see some really cool stuff at work/school.

Sounds like the beach trip was very relaxing. Just the way a vacation should be. And, haha, I love the part about committing a misdemeanor...I completely agree.

Glad the wreck wasn't too serious and ya'll are okay!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Androphenese said...

duke won a basketball game????

9:00 AM  
Blogger Something Creative said...

Item 1: You said "pokey" . . .

Otherwise, totally awesome stuff! A bone marrow harvest?!?!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home