Type A Meets Type B

A rambling of thoughts, ideas, and information that I wish to share with my fellow PB bloggers. Sounds like fun, right? Bonus: communicating this way doesn't use up cell phone minutes!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Struggle

Oh, Duke. Why? You had so much potential, what with McRoberts doing some mad dunking, Pocius charging in like a crazy man, and Paulus actually hitting threes. Why'd you have to let it go? Don't you know what you're doing to yourself?!? The brackets get selected Sunday, and you're playing like a bubble team. Not like a team that had won all but 1 of the last 8 ACC tournament title games. When will you step up and reclaim your true self? *sigh.......*

Okay, enough lamenting about that. My last weekend at St. Vincent's is this weekend!! After the atrociousness of my shifts last time I work, when I came home exhausted and literally crying, Dustin and I figured out a plan, and I'm quitting! I already turned in my two weeks' notice a week ago. For the next 14 months, I'm a full-time student and a full-time wife, instead of a part-time everything. Yay!

So I'm giving a little presentation tomorrow about my research project idea. If it goes well, I get to implement my project. Very, very cool stuff. I'm really excited about it, actually. If you see me in person, don't mention cancer or else I will truly go off on a tangent. You've been warned. My tentative project is on quality of life of adolescents who have received a bone marrow transplant. I think it's going to be cool. If I do it right (with the help of my faithful mentors), then it could potentially be published by next year. That's the goal anyways.

Dude, I seriously don't know what I (or my Dad) will do if Duke doesn't get their act together.... I mean, they are almost in question about whether or not they'll even be in the NCAA tournament. It's that bad. Ugh, I can't bear it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cal-el of Krypton said...

because I'm tired of hearing about a team not really in the South...


go tar heels

3:47 PM  
Blogger Lady Godiva said...

OH MY GOSH. BRETT THAT IS SO NOT ALLOWED. Besides, Duke and UNC are both in the state of North Carolina, less than 50 miles apart. UNC is not any more southern than Duke.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

She has a point man, the campuses are only 15 miles apart. If I had ended up at UNC for grad school, I would have been able to take a campus bus over there and use their library and professors for free because they are so close.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Something Creative said...

Sadly, when I cast my bracket, it has Duke losing to UCLA. For what it's worth, UNC is losing to Texas in the same round.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Androphenese said...

well, against my better judgement, i am going to be fair. haha. just because duke had a pretty stinky year does not mean that K is a bad coach, or that Duke stinks. This is one bad year in many many years of great basketball. they "deserve" if you will to have a bad year. that is to say, it is ok if they have a bad year. next year, i am sure, they will be up and running. K just got to far to the end of a good recruiting run, and he needs to get back in the saddle. which i am sure he is doing as we speak.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home