Type A Meets Type B

A rambling of thoughts, ideas, and information that I wish to share with my fellow PB bloggers. Sounds like fun, right? Bonus: communicating this way doesn't use up cell phone minutes!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

My Warfare is Accomplished

Many of you thought this day would never come.
I myself even thought that this day would never come.
I've left the realm of the blonde.
Shocking, I know. My entire life, I have been some shade of blonde (except for that redhead stint in Auburn.... an entirely separate subject). When dark roots appeared in my mid-teen years, I vigorously fought back with highlights and dye jobs. "I am blonde!" I protested vigourously.

And then, this week, while reading an article on the differing beauty ideals of France and America, I realized.
I'm not blonde.
I'm a brunette.
I should accept this, like the French.
I should take up moisturizing my skin, which is like a national sport in France.
(Incidentally, I've also abandoned foundation, and adopted tinted moisturizer, red lipstick and fingernails, and headbands).

So I bought some dye labelled "Light Iridescent Brown." Mom and I applied it, but she went to bed before it was done. When I came downstairs this morning, she looked at my milk-chocolate toned hair and gasped. She asked "How do you feel?"

I smiled and said, "Like the warfare against my roots is accomplished."

(I promise to post a picture soon).

4 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

That's funny to me. My hair has slowly over the years been getting lighter and lighter. More blond less red, and I keep saying if it ever goes completely blond I will dye it back red. I am a red-head and that's who I am in a way. So virtual cookies for the bravery of the new hair color. Post pics soon!

Can't wait to see it myself in a few weeks at the meeting!

10:56 PM  
Blogger fa-so-la-la said...

whoa. i'm. amazed.

blaire? blaire isn't blonde?

huh.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

Umm... I need to see you again. Somehow I missed this. I don't know how. But, I missed it.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Lady Godiva said...

In your defense, Owl, after the first wash it had toned down from milky-chocolatey to a more maple-y tone. You really don't know your new color until after that first wash. And you really didn't see me except for 4 seconds in handshake Sunday because we had to run to Dustin's grandparents' gig.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home