Type A Meets Type B

A rambling of thoughts, ideas, and information that I wish to share with my fellow PB bloggers. Sounds like fun, right? Bonus: communicating this way doesn't use up cell phone minutes!

Monday, April 03, 2006

"Wedding-Brain"

I think I'm literally about to go crazy. I think I'm suffering from "nervous exhaustion" as they would have called it back in the 50's (before medical ethics existed...). So my so-called "Spring Break" consisted of 5 million wedding errands, phone calls, and bills. However, we were given a Tool&Gadget Party and a very lovely tea where we were given a lot of wonderful gifts. Much thanks to Emily, Laura, Doris, Laurel, and Aunt Lauretta and everyone else who helped out for that. It was truly lovely.

At the tea Sunday I looked up and saw a familiar face come through the door. I said "Is that who I think it is?" Of course it wasn't, because in my wedding-brain delirium I thought it was Queen Lynn for a second, until I realized it was actually my dad's partner's wife, Lorayne Vague. She was just as sweet as I'm sure Queen Lynn would have been, but still... the mind plays cruel tricks, doesn't it? *sigh*

Side note: Wouldn't you go through life feeling awfully ambiguous if your last name was "Vague"?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

Awww. Woulda if I coulda. But I couldna.

Deep cleansing breaths, dear.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Lady Godiva said...

thank you dahling.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home